FAIM2021 will be held as an on-line event, thus, practical tips are not relevant any more.
- The average temperature for September in Athens is 25 ℃ (77 ℉), average low and average high being 20 ℃ (68 ℉) and 29 ℃ (84 ℉) respectively. Usually the weather is dry (54% average relative humidity) and extremely pleasant.
- Sunshine is less intense in September than in summer months but use of sun protection lotions is recommended in case of long exposure.
- Tap water in Athens is safe to drink and plenty of leisure venues (i.e. restaurants and coffee shops) offer it free of charge. Bottled water is sold almost everywhere at a price of 0,5€ for 500ml / 0,85€ for 750ml.
- Most payments can be done using credit / debit cards. Cash is always welcome, especially at taxis and kiosks and for low-amount transactions.
- A tip of 5 - 10 % of the bill is customary but not obligatory at restaurants.
- Electric appliance plugs are Type C and F.
- Taxis are yellow coloured; they are relatively cheap compared to other EU capitals. Payment is recorded on special meter and rates are doubled from 24:00 to 05:00 hrs.. There are reliable taxi networks reached via telephone and mobile apps.
- The police is reachable at 100 or 1033, and the National ambulance service (EKAV) at 166.
- Most greeks speak English at an acceptable level.